Wednesday, February 9, 2011

wk2 response – @ Tim Brehms

This is Tim Brehms' reading 2 blog post.



And here is my response to his blog:
Hi Tim,

I really liked the whole book and I read the whole four chapters in about an hour. It was an easy read and, in my case, it touched me in different levels. Watch my visual collage to see what I mean (find the link below). I’m sorry to hear that it was not all that for you. However, I admit that it was the “Giving an A” chapter where I connected with the text. In my entry post I share how my parents gave me an A at age 13 when I was in a country with a language I didn’t know and how that made a significant impact in my life.

And I agree with you in that there has to be more research on that issue because I think giving an A is a very empowering tool. One idea that comes to mind is bringing in the concept of gaming in education. I remember from our Gaming course here at Full Sail that some of my classmates were using a point system rather than a grading scale for part of their Action Research. I would like to know how that went and we also have to keep in mind that some systems are very traditional and would not allow for something like this. Thank you for sharing your thoughts I have found them enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment