Sunday, February 20, 2011

wk3 Wimba Session - Art of Possibility

This week I could not make it on time to our Wimba session. I was there only for the last 25 minutes. So, I thought it would be good to watch it from the begining in the archive especially because of the Abstract that we have to write by the end of this week.

It's good that I decided to watch it because I was not clear on the "Think Out Loud" blog posts for week 4 nor the Leadership/Publishing project. I'm quite nervous as to whether or not I will be able to finish everything on time. My second cycle just finished last week and I'm working now on the data collection and interpretation.

Then, there was the discussion about "The Art of Possibility".
It has been a great read because it has allowed me to reflect on my self as a wife, as a teacher, as a daughter, as a student. It came at a great time because I needed some encouragement as the end (of the program) is near and I have so many more things going on at work and home.Then, came the youtube video. And this is the line that stood up for me.

Then, there was the discussion about how "The art of possibility" was different from positive thinking. One of my classmates wrote: "The art of possibility is a way of creating possibility rather than thinking of the positive in the a situation." And I agree with this person. I think it's not about seeing what is not there and claiming it. It's about seeing beyond, thinking outside the box, and create new possibilities. It's not just about thoughts but actions.

And for that reason, I really liked the 3rd and 4th chapters: Giving an A and Being a contribution because once you realize your potential or realize the potential in others, there is no limit to what you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment