Wednesday, February 23, 2011

wk4 Thinking Out Loud



I received an e-mail last Sunday inviting me to the TFLTA Annual Regional Workshop. I think this was perfect timing. I asked Dr. Bustillos if he considered this a good opportunity to present and after he consulted with Dr. Berdard, this was his reply:

"YES!" So, go forth and conquer! jbb.

I am so thrilled to say the least. I filled in their proposal form right away and sent it as an e-mail attachment around 6:00 p.m. today. Since, I'm not a member of TFLTA, I also had to send it as a hard copy which I printed and mailed (about 5 hours ago). To my surprise, at 9:30 p.m. ET I received a reply from the event organizer:

Silvia,
How delightful of you to send us your session proposal. I am sending it on to the Spanish session facilitators for their consideration and have added you to the list of Spanish teachers for the Workshop as well.
Please spread the word to your Oak Ridge world language colleagues RE: the Workshop! It should be an exciting day for everyone.
Welcome to TFLTA, BTW! I'll look for your letter in the mail this week!


I'm so excited that things are taking shape and I look forward to hearing from them. Cross your fingers for me!

1 comment: